Nap Time! (Newton's Nook - Simon Says Stamp)

I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I just need a nap. Especially lately with college midterms and late night study sessions! I saw this stamp set from Newton's Nook (Newton's Nap Time) a while back on Simon Says Stamp and I just had to have it! I mean, not only is it an adorable little kitty cat, but it has that phrase, "I Love You More Than Naps". It was perfect!

So I finally started work on my Valentine Cards (last minute, I know), and this was the first set I grabbed from my stash.


I first stamped that cute kitty on his pile of blankets and set to work coloring with my Copics. Since I plan on giving this to my mom, I thought I could color the cat like Cheddar (my cat).  I fussy cut him out (ignore the lack of fringe on the one blanket in the middle 😅) and put him aside.

For the shaker, I thought about doing a big heart, but I found out that I don't have any heart dies in my stash of dies so it had to be a circle. No biggie! I cut a piece of Neenah Solar White 80 lb. paper to 4" by 5.25" for a standard A2 card front and used some circle dies from Stampin' Up! to cut a circle. Wouldn't this be cute with Stitched Circles or Scalloped cicles?



I grabbed some acetate and I used the Adhesive Foam Strips from Stampin' Up! which I highly recommend.  They're bendable so I just lined the circle with it and filled that little basin with sequins and glitter!

I coverd the back of the shaker with some cardstock and flipped it over. I took a scrap piece of vellum I had and stamped the sentiment from the stamp set in Versamark ink after using my Antistatic Powder Bag and used some white embossing powder.



I grabbed the All Seasons Tree die set from Elizabeth Craft Designs (it isn't available anymore, but if you're interested in that exact set, check Ebay to see if anyone else has it) and used one of the pieces of the tree to get a cloud. I then glued everything down and added some shading on the ground with my Copics.

I glued it down on a side folding A2 card made from Neenah Solar White 110 lb. cardstock and it's done!

Simon Says Stamp on their Wednesday Challenge blog have a challenge going on this week with the theme of "It Must Be Love" and I thought I could share this card for that challenge! Definitely go and check it out! There are so many entries and even if you don't want to do the challenge, there's some beautiful inspiration!

In the mean time, here is a photo of the orange tabby cat named Cheddar who is the star of this card:


Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day! I, unfortunately have to stay away from the craft desk for a while and grab my textbooks to get back to studying. Not quite how I'd like to spend my afternoon, but that's alright. I'll need a job to fund my endless thirst for more crafting goodies!

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Mattie :-) I love the little kitty and the shaker design is fabulous! I love the whole design of this <3

    aww Cheddar is so handsome! he makes a great model ;-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top