It's Been A While!!!

I know, I know...it's been a while and I'm sorry! College has kept me busy, bustling around with midterms and assignments, but I found some time to sneak back to my craft desk and let the crafting mojo take over! Plus, I don't know what it was about today, but I woke up at about 5am and just could not fall back asleep so I decided to take advantage of the extra hours!


Today I'm here to share a little new home card I made as a gift for a friend of mine who found themselves traveling across the country to a new job and a new start. As excited as she was, it was clear that she was worried about this new adventure so I thought a nice card might help her feel a little more comfortable! (Because, honestly, who doesn't love snail mail...as long as it's not a bill, that is, but anyway).

So here it is! I used the Holiday House die from Elizabeth Craft Designs from the Karen Burniston Pop It Ups bunch (I tried to find a link to one for sale, but so far I've had no luck...I'll update this if I find one, I promise!) and just some scrap paper I had left over from other projects. You guys should have heard me as I was making this..I kept squealing because of how cute it was coming out! It's the first time I broke into this die set and I'm SO in love with it!


The sentiment is from the Sky High Sentiments stamp set from Taylored Expressions, which is an awesome set that I highly recommend, and I used the Pretty Label Punch and the Petite Petals Punch from Stampin' Up! 

First I cut some 110 lb. white cardstock (I use Neenah Solar White, but any other brand would work just as well) to a standard A2 size. Then I grabbed the light pink paper and cut it to 5.5" by 8" and used a Martha Stewart edge punch to get that pretty lacey look. I can't for the life of me remember the name of that punch so if any of you know, please let me know! 

After that, I cut the pop up "stands" to put the house and the two little bushes on. The bushes were cut using the Spring Scene Builder die set from My Favorite Things, but honestly...if you have a cloud die, those can be bushes too or you could even cut your own! After that step, I cut the clouds from a scrap of shimmery white cardstock and those were cut with the All Seasons Tree die from Elizabeth Craft Designs. Again, any cloud die would work great or a pair of scissors. Whatever works best for you!!


The sidewalk was just a freehand attempt with a pair of scissors and a little Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap around the edges. 

I like how it turned out and I'm excited for my friend to receive it! It kind of makes me think of a gingerbread house...hey, that's sounds like a fun Christmas card idea...


I was sneaking around the Daring Cardmakers blog this morning as I sipped some of the strongest black tea I own to battle the sleepiness from my lack of sleep and I noticed they have a card challenge going on that fits so well with this card! It's a "Cozy Home" challenge where you create a card with a "house" or "home" theme. It was just posted yesterday so if you're interested in taking part in the challenge, you have plenty of time!

So now I'm off to make some more stuff because I'm still dancing to the crafting groove and I got to keep the vibes going! 

Have a lovely day and I hope to see you guys over at the Daring Cardmakers for this wonderful challenge! :) 


CONVERSATION

4 comments:

  1. Your card is so beautiful, Mattie! And I'm sure your friend will love it and use it to decorate her new home.
    The house die cut is really cute. Thanks for sharing your card with the Daring Cardmakers this week.
    Good luck with your studying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! Also, thanks for offering such a wonderful challenge! :)

      Delete
  2. Fab card! Sweet and clever and sooo lovely. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card and the die you have used is so pretty. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top